Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bajohr123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 06:44 PM
    John Deere rider won't start
    WE have tried everything to get our old rider to start! The engine is a Briggs and Straton. New carborator,new spark plugs, new starter, new battery! The plug sparks but itstill won't actually start! The starter spins but no turn over? What should we do next? I have been told about checking the fuel pressure? How does one do that without purchasing a fuel injector gauge? Please help!

Thanks! -Katie :)
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2008, 08:03 AM
    When you turn the key the engine has to turn over (rotate) for you to be getting a spark. But yet you say the starter spins, but no turn over. Confusing at best.
    So, if you have the engine turning over attempting to start and have not messed with the carbs settings, you may need a flywheel key. Your's may be sheared. It is located on the top of the engine under the nut that secures the flywheel.
    bajohr123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Not the flywheel key, everything on it beens checked and seems good, but it just won't fire up and start! Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks. -Katie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere LT160 won't start [ 16 Answers ]

My friend has a 2004 model John Deere LT160 Lawn tractor, it's got 206.* hours on it right now. We used it Thursday night, and it worked great for us. Last night when we tried to use it again, it just wouldn't start. It's got a Kohler 16hp motor in it, and the problem is like this. It'll crank and...

John Deer rider won't restart [ 1 Answers ]

My L110 John Deer rider won't restart after either trying to start it or after it's been running. It takes about an Hour for it to tries to start again.

John Deere L110 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having trouble cranking my John Deere L110. It was running fine then in the middle of mowing I had to stop and when I tried to restart I was hearing a clicking sound when the key was turned. I read a response on this site to a similar problem and tried what was recommended. I have replaced...

John Deere L110 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that won't start. It's not the battery or the starter. The engine turns over but it won't fire and I have already replaced the spark plugs and it did not help. It seems to be electrical I'm not sure.

John Deere LT 110 will not start [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn the ignition key no hour meter reading and no power. I checked the battery cable and the fuse, all are OK. The tractor was running fine just minutes before this problem, so the battery is fine. Before this problem I had a sticky starter - would occasionally have to bump start using...

View more questions Search