Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracker77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Craftsman lawn mower won't start
    I have a craftsman LTX 1000 42" cut with 20 HP ohv intek engine. I was cutting my grass the other day and stopped and turned off the mower about halfway threw the job,about 15 min latter I went back to finish the job and it would not start.:eek: I tried letting it cool about 3hrs and that did not help. I can hear a click when I tun the key around the front of mower under the carberator,I can also bridge the selinoid and get the engine to turn over but have no spark to the plugs.Plenty of power in the battery,and yes there is gas in the tank:p Is it posible the coil and the selinoid went bad at the same time? Or could it be a safety switch? THANKS
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Hmm. Have you checked the spark plug wire to make sure it is not burnt?
    tracker77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Yes I have checked all the wires and they are in good shape. Do you know if there is a fuse some where on this mower?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My tractor quit on me during my grass cutting. I have not been able to get it started. I've Changed the air filters, a new spark plug, a new solenoid, a new fuel filter, a new battery. When I put it on choke and try to start it, the engine turns but won't start. After that,all I hear is the...

Craftsman lawn mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 5.5 mower and it will not keep running. I have changed the spark plug, taken the carb. Off and cleaned it making sure all ports are clear, changed the gas, etc. If I poor gas in the cylinder it will start but will not keep running. There is only one adjustment on the carb. And I...

Craftsman Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower (Briggs and stratton 650 series/6.50) just bought 3 months ago won't start. Couple weeks ago I realized I put too much oil and it was smoking all over, reduced the oil and I was able to do my work. Today I tried over and over to start it and it will only kick and stop but the machine...

Craftsman 20.0 electric start 42 inch automatic lawn tractor mower clutch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman 20.0 hp electric start 42" mower automatic lawn tractor Model 917.270940 and it appears the cable that allows you to engage the blades has broken. How do you either fix this problem or do we need to purchase a new cable. If we need a new cable how is it installed... I need...

Lawn mower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 yo Boland 4.5hp push mower. It's the cheapy. I changed the plug and it ran fine, cut the yard. The second cutting, it ran out of gas, I filled it, started it, and after 5 min it cut out and died. I ended up removing the top end cover, and cleaned all the grass and what not out. Put it...

View more questions Search