Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hubertcgraves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Lawn tractor won't start
    I have an old Sears lawn tractor, model # 917-254520, and it will not start. It does not turn over and makes a clicking noise when attempts are made to start. I have had the battery checked and is okay. I was told by someone that it could be a solenoid. If so, where is the solenoid located such that I can have it tested or replace it?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Remove the center console cover between your legs. Look here for the solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn tractor engine won't start [ 18 Answers ]

I've already swapped out the solenoid. No luck. Battery is good. I "think" I checked all the ground connections and safety switches. Problem is when the key is turned on the engine turns once... then slows to a stop... it may go over again.. but it won't go long or fast enough to start......

No start ayp lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have a AYP 22hp kohler with a electric pto clutch. The engine won't turn over with the key switch . I can jump the key switch and it will run. It will stay running as long as I leave the clutch/brake pedal engaged. If I release the clutch or try to engage the blades it will die . At first I...

My Murray 12.5 hp Lawn Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Model 405004x99, 2 year old Tractor with a Briggs & S. 12.5 hp engine has a very hard time starting. It has a clean air filter; good in-line fuel filter, clean/fresh gas; oil is new and gets spark from the plug. I have had to jump start the battery from a car and (on a different occasion) a...

Lawn tractor won't start [ 2 Answers ]

While using the tractor it just slowly stopped. It turns over but does not start. Yes it has gas and oil and the air filter is clean. What do I check next?:confused:

MTD lawn tractor will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I had just finished mowing my lawn. The tractor sat in the lawn for about an hour. When I returned, it would not turn over. It makes a small click noise then nothing. I charged the batter over night, same result in the morning. It has a Briggs 14.5 HP engine. Where do I start? Thanks.

View more questions Search