Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bartcroft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Craftsman 13.5 HP Riding Mower
    When I stick key in ignition I get nothing. I have already replaced the battery, spark plug, still nothing.

Barcroft
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 11:26 AM
    We are going to need to follow the 12 vdc down stream to the starter. You need a 12 vdc tester. Measure the power between the black and red battery terminals, about 12 vdc right? Follow the red cable to the ignition switch and test that terminal going into the switch, 12 vdc. Find the wire that goes from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid (looks like a black beer can with several cables). When you turn the key you should get 12 vdc going down this cable and also coming out of the other cable on the solenoid. I am going to stop here for now because I'm betting you have already found something that you need to bring back to us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding mower [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman Riding Mower With A 15.5 Hp Briggs And Stratton And I Was Cutting The Lawn And It Was Running Great. It Started Acting Up... running Rough, So I Shut It Off And Checked All The Fluids And The Were Fine. I Replaced The Plug And There Was Still No Change. When The Air...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Riding Mower that the transmission stops working when I sit on the seat. It will move when I am not sitting on the seat; but the minute I sit down, it stops moving. Help!

New Craftsman Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a new Craftsman 26HP, 54" cut, riding mower. One of the front wheels does not point straight ahead, it is pointing inward. When we called the help desk, we were told it was engineered this way so that the mower would make tighter turns. Is this true? (The steering wheel is...

View more questions Search