Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lugu07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Changig starter cord for 22", 6HP Brigg&Straton mower
    I need help on where I can get instructions on how changing the starter cord for a 22", 6HP BriggStraton mower.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Start with 7 feet of pull rope.
    Remove the blower housing (top cover)
    Pull out excessive rope and cut close to rewind housing
    Pull other end of rope from the pulley
    Rewind the spring until it gets tight, then back off about one to one and a half turns
    Place rope through pulley and have a knot in it, and run through the rewind starter cover hole,
    Then tie a BIG knot in the long end, and release the rope, the spring will rewind the rope
    Then reinstall the blower housing,
    Then pull the bail handle at top of handle bars, and pull out enough rope to reach the eye bolt on the handle bar, then run the rope through the handle and tie a knot.
    All done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't pull the starter cord on my 10hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased a two year old 10 hp Troy Built wood chipper. I've used it for about 4-5 hours and recently had to add a little oil. I added the correct type as per the manufacturers instructions. It started up just fine and after 15 minutes or so I shut it off to empty the bag. Once the...

Briggs & stratton 6hp engine [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper valve setting and how are they to be adjusted?

Weed Eater starter cord replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater model Quantum XM, model # WE986RA with a broken starter cable. I checked your previous answers but I don't see how to get the housing off. It seems to be riveted. It doesn't seem like a good idea to drill the rivits without checking first.

Reassemble Mower starter cord recoil [ 1 Answers ]

My mower's power cord looked like it was about to break. So I purchased a replacement cord and sought instructions on the web. Unfortunately the instructions I found weren't consistent with the design of the Briggs and Stratton engine on my mower. The instructions show how to replace a coed...

View more questions Search