Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlenfert Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Craftsman 2100 PSI 2.0 GPM 5.0 HP pressure washer
    I have a used Craftsman 2100 PSI pressure washer that is acting up. I received this pressure washer from a relative who was having problems with it and just decided to buy a new pressure washer instead of messing with it and getting it fixed. The engine starts right up and runs good and smooth, I also have good water pressure from the bib connection. The pressure washer will lose pressure while I am using it. The engine seems to be running fine the entire time. Sometimes I will lose pressure and I will just have to shut it off and try another day other times the pressure will come back after a minute or two. I am assuming it is some sort of problem with the pump but I have no idea what I need to check as I have never messed with a pressure washer pump before. Can anybody direct me in what I need to be checking for, or should I just trash the entire unit? Thanks for any help that you can give!
    HLSupply Posts: 3, Reputation: 3
    Parts for Chainsaws and Other Small Engine Equipment

Jun 28, 2016, 11:54 AM
    If the water inlet or filter screen is blocked, clogged or damaged, then disconnect the water supply; clean the water inlet and filter screen. If that screen is damaged, replace it.

If the nozzle orifice obstructed, shut off the engine; purge air from the pump; remove the orifice from the adjustable nozzle or remove the spray tip from the nozzle extension; clean the orifice or spray tip.

If your high pressure hose is leaking, check the O-rings. If damaged, pry off the old O-ring with a flathead screwdriver, and replace it with a new one.

If the water supply is too hot, that could cause such a problem too. So could an inadequate supply water pressure and flow rate.

If the pump oil level is low, add oil to the pressure washer pump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct psi for pressure tank? [ 19 Answers ]

Hello! Seems like there's a lot of questions regarding water pressure on this site and I think I've read about a million of them but I'm not finding an answer to my specific question. I bought a house with a private well (a deep well) and my water pressure is lower than I'd like throughout the...

Pressure washer [ 5 Answers ]

Does anybody know how to adjust the pressure regulator oin 2600psi troy bilt?

Craftsman pressure washer 3000psi 7.0hp [ 2 Answers ]

I have used my washer twice and loved it. Now I go to use it and it runs fine, but no pressure. Is there anything I can do to correct this other than take it in for repair?

80 llb pressure but 2 gpm flow rate [ 2 Answers ]

Incoming water pressure is at 80 pounds. Infrastructure has had locked air problems in the past; but seems to be OK now. All tubs, sinks, etc. has a very low flow rate. Measured at 1 gallon every 30 seconds. In the morning, the flow rate is much higher - about 5 gal per minute but if you fill...

View more questions Search