Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    cyn999's Avatar
    cyn999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 2, 2005, 02:15 PM
    Homelite Trimmer Cord
    I can't figure out how to remove the metal cylinder (where rod goes) so I can remove orange housing - and reach cord to replace.

    On top of cylinder is a piece that looks like it might have star screw down inside of it.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    thebriggsdude's Avatar
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

    Jul 2, 2005, 08:18 PM
    Yes that star requires a special screwdriver, sears, or any place that sells tools may help you with getting the right ones to use unless it takes a hex end wrench. Metal cylinder? Straight shaft where the flex drive line goes?
    cyn999's Avatar
    cyn999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 3, 2005, 12:39 PM
    Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about! Where the flex line goes.

    Thank you very much!


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homelite trimmer help! [ 3 Answers ]

What is the gas to oil mixture for a 30cc homelite trimmer?

Homelite weedeater model # ut20724 [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently weedeating my yard when the weedeater head popped off the stem. 13 silver washers and 1 orange washer came off with it. I tried to put it back the way I thought it went but the head and washers keep coming back off. Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to put it back in working...

Searching for large trimmer cord [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find large diameter (.170+) mower trimmer cord at a good price?

String trimmer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove the cover to replace the string on a Weed Eater Featherlite? I just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Featherlite Plus Weedeater - Line Trimmer [ 1 Answers ]

My trimmer only works if I hold it so that the fuel is up to the top. It appears that a tube should be in the tank to feed the fuel to the engine when the tank is low. What part or parts will I need to fix this and where can I get them? Thanks!

View more questions Search