Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rooster07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Hooking dvd recorder to shaw pvr
    I have just baught a dvd recorder and want to hook it up to my shaw hd pvr. My pvr only has one rf cable in from antenna and the instructions on the dvd recorder say to conect a rf cable to the recorder from the out rf port in the pvr whichit does not have. Do I reconect the pvr using rca cables and then run rca from dvd recorder to hd TV?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 11, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Connect the shaw PVR outputs using RCAs to the dvd recorder. Connect the dvd recorder outputs to your hdtv.

Video connections in order from best quality to worsts quality:

HDMI/DVI
    Component video
    S-video
    Composite.

For the connect between dvd recorder and TV, use the best available cables that match the recorder and TV.

Since very few dvd recorders support component video inputs, you won't be able to record HD quality programs, so you'll need either s-video or composite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

Hooking up TV,DVD video recorder, stereo receiver, and dish [ 1 Answers ]

I have a panasonic Tv, Dish, Sony stereo receiver and now trying to add a DVD video recorder... PLEASE HELP. Directions don't seem to be to confusing and I thought I followed them...

Hooking DVD recorder and HD cable box together [ 7 Answers ]

This is over my head. I have Hitachi HDTV and a HDTV Cable box Explorer 8300. The cable line from the wall goes into the cable box and then red, green, & blue wires go from Out 1 to input 3 on the back of the TV. Also there are additional red & white wires that go from Out 2 to Input 3 on the...

How hookup a DVD/VCR recorder, 2 satellite receivers one PVR to a Sony LCD HD TV [ 5 Answers ]

Please help!:confused: I have a Bell Express Vu system, which consists of a 3100 receiver connected from the satellite dish directly to the LCD TV via the cable, runs on channel 3. The second receiver is a 5900 with the built in PVR it is connected to the TV by a s-video cable as well as the RCA...

View more questions Search