Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bunnyrabbit2310 Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2011, 01:54 PM
    This guy is 18 an I'm 14
    This guy likes me but he's 18 do you think it's wrong?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 02:03 PM

You have to ask yourself why is man interested in a young teen,its not because he wants to know where you got your sneakers!

Is it wrong, YES.

Why? Because an 18 year old is not going to be happy holding hands and hanging out at the mall with you and your friends.

Keep far far away, and if he starts trying to sweet talk you, tell your dad,in fact, tell your parents.

You could get in over your head very quickly.

Steer clear.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 02:10 PM

I will just add that 18 and 14 are two different mind sets.

It would be different if you were 20 and he 24... However, you're not. You are still young.

An 18 year old should really stick with his age group.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Feb 7, 2011, 02:55 PM
    To answer the Questions "is it wrong": YES!

-- It is illegal (in every state I think).

I would not pursue this relationship, and if you say no, but this guy insists, TELL SOMEONE.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2011, 03:52 PM

Two questions. Does he know you are 14 and do your parents know? You NEED to tell your parents about this.
    Bunnyrabbit2310 Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2011, 06:55 PM
    I told him old I was and when I was turning 15 and he didn't mind he said it was up to me.so I told him I'm sorry but your way too old for me but I like you and if there wasn't an age gap... And he said no prob.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Feb 7, 2011, 09:46 PM
    Comment on sharper11's post
    So, you took our advice, but I get a "no, this wasn't helpful" very confused.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 09:57 PM

so, you took our advice, but I get a "no, this wasn't helpful" very confused.
    Sharper, I'll try to explain why you got a "not helpful" rating.

Your post was factually incorrect. You stated that dating at 18 and 14 is illegal. It isn't. As long as the parents are okay with it, they can date. If the relationship becomes sexual, or the parents don't agree with it, that's when it's illegal.

Your "not helpful" rating on Scotts post was against the rules of this site, as it was a revenge rating, and Scotts post was not factually incorrect. Yours was, and the rating you were given is valid as per the rules of this site.

When posting legal advice you have to be dead on accurate. You have to make sure you word things correctly.

I hope this clears things up for you. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2011, 04:32 AM

sharper11 does not find this helpful : I understand your wanting to leave feedback, you can do that, by clicking "comment". Not saying my advice isn't helpful.

Altenweg beat me to it in explaining why I gave you a reddie and why your reddie was inappropriate. So I will just give you a link to the rules she referred to:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

We take a VERY dim view of revenge reddies here. They indicate an immature person.

P.S. I use a different "skin" on this site. I don't have a Comment button to click.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Big headed guys in teen body skateboarding. Black guy and a white guy. I don't know the name. [ 2 Answers ]

Wats the name of that song that in the video it has these two guys like skateboarding with big heads in a teen body saying something like I don't want to grow up or something. I've tried vh1.com but nothing because I saw the video on the show like a long while ago and I'm sure the song came out...

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Sci fi show with a guy and a girl sort of a police station guy, dwarf always fighting [ 2 Answers ]

Sci-fi TV show series on 1ce a week it was an agency like the police guy and dwarf always fighting on the floor rolling young alburn headed gal captain always grumpy

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

View more questions Search