Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonhatt420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 03:22 AM
    How can I get her off my mind?
    I started seeing a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend of 7 years. About seven months ago we started a relationship that grew very quickly and I was living with her after 2 months. With that being said, we moved too quick. However we still built a trust and we used great communication skills, however she said that she wasn't looking for a "married couple" relationship. She then asked for me to move out which after a few attempts, I did finally. She said that we weren't breaking up but when I would call her it took a week for her response and then when she did respond, I was told that I need to leave her alone and not call her anymore. I ended up calling her a couple more times and now she won't even acknowledge that we had a great relationship together and that we really wanted to proceed with the next step of getting married. She had said to me about 3 weeks before our break-up that she wanted to marry me. I wished we could still talk and be friends at least but I don't see that happening. I am now working on myself but I am very un-happy and I can't get her off my mind, what do I do?
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Feb 6, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhatt420 View Post
    I started seeing a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend of 7 years.
    So you jumped into a relationship with someone who was just out of a 7 year old relationship. She didn't have any time to grieve or focus on herself. Call it "right person right time", for me it was meant to be a rebound.

About seven months ago we started a relationship that grew very quickly and I was living with her after 2 months.
    [... ]and now she won't even acknowledge that we had a great relationship together and that we really wanted to proceed with the next step of getting married. She had said to me about 3 weeks before our break-up that she wanted to marry me. I wished we could still talk and be friends at least but I don't see that happening. I am now working on myself but I am very un-happy and I can't get her off my mind, what do I do?
    1. Why does it matter that she should acknowledge you had a great relationship?

2. Have you ever thought that you were the one wanting "to proceed with the next step of getting married"... after 7 MONTHS? Did it ever occur to you that she was suffering from something else and just wanted to be in the comfort of a relationship?

Because she wouldn't even talk about moving in if she didn't want a "married couple" relationship, let alone after 2 months. She was running away from something else and you just helped her.

So I'm thinking -that- could be the reason why you're unhappy. And you're looking for more trouble if you want to remain friends with someone who doesn't even have the guts (or respect) to break-up with you in person.

Leave her alone, cut all ties and remember you're worth better than this.
    crazyhorse1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Talking about marriage after 7 months moving in after 2 months I'm not being cheeky but she must have freaked out not knowing what she wanted just coming of the back of a 7 year relationship both of you should have took it a bit slower just leave it for a while let her realise what she wants don't get yourself down move on with your life a maybe in a few months she might be ready but don't put your life on hold waiting on her
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 08:57 PM

You are running head first into a brick wall with this loony tune. Frankly you are not thinking at all because, her words, and actions don't match, and somebody is being strung along for the fun of it. YOU!!

Disappear from her life and save some dignity and self respect, why don't you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Get Ex Out of My Mind [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I don't think I've ever used one of these sites. I’m in pretty dire straits right now. My ex and I had a very powerful relationship. We dated for about 8 months and it was nothing short of passionate and loving. She loved me with all her heart and I did too although I didn’t...

Not sure of what is going on in his mind? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a really nice guy, we have dated for almost 8 months now, in the beginning he used To call me everyday, but all of a sudden a month ago he is saying he sometimes don't feel in talking mood, and he's blaming me of being nag and think he is up to something, he also think I don't trust...

Can't get if off my mind [ 4 Answers ]

My problem is more of a medical thing than emotional. I was engaged to this girl 3 months back and we have been chattin ever since.we love each other a lot.but one day she came home late 12 30 am from a movie with her school friend.this guy had proposed to her after we were engaged therefore she...

Where is my mind? [ 2 Answers ]

So I have had this problem since I was first pregnant. My son is now 2 months and I'm not over it. My boyfriend and babies father started a new job which is good but he works with this girl who I can't stand and I don't even know her. A year ago my boyfriend tried to kill himself and I found him. I...

Can't take him out of my mind. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all.. I got a problem. I am in love with this guy for almost 2 years now. We love each other. There has been many ups and downs, break ups and patch ups like any other realtion. I am 19 and he is 20 just to let you know. I have been very harsh on him before for giving him no care and ignoring...

View more questions Search