Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazma95 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2011, 06:59 AM
    How old do you have to be to leave home
    I live in Australia and was just wondering if anyone knows what age you have to be to leave home
    MrsLB Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2011, 08:51 AM
    The age would be pretty easy to look up the laws, usually in the United States it is 18. When you are 18 you MAY be able to survive by having a steady job (or two or three part time jobs) and several roommates. You will not be able to have luxuries like cable TV, internet, or takeout food.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2011, 12:35 PM

WAIT! What?

What happened? Do tell us!

Does it have something to do with the counselling?
    Did your ex try doing something that got your mum angry again?

I don't think that leaving your home like this is a good solution. I know that when you're angry at your mum, you always want to do something that you would otherwise not dare do, but that doesn't mean that it'll do any good. We all have our ups and downs, and it's the downs that make the ups so valuable. Do hang on and be patient.

What will happen if you leave home? Where will you live? What will happen to your mother? First losing her husband and now her daughter... We already told you that you were someone lucky to have a such a mother. Some days are never enough to completely make the anger die out, do give some time. :(
    tazma95 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Comment on Unknown008's post
    Sorry I wrote this earlier when I was upset with my mum I didn't really think about it that was before I spoke to my mum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get your 20 year old to leave home? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old son who is very acts likes a spoiled brat, he is verbally abusive, does not work and sleeps all day onlly to stay up all night and sometimes he invites his friends into the house when we are sleeping. All the advice I read says apply "tough love", set proper limits and then...

Should I leave home? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have been abused for many years. Mental, physical, and sexualy. Is it a good idea for me to just leave my home. When my parents and other family members. I have to the hospital for being suicidal. But the whole reason me being like that is my family. I don't know what to do?

Asking a guest to leave your home [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancee's mother has dementia and lives on her own we are in the process of moving her into a long-term care facility, but it takes time. Her condition affects her reasoning skills and she has a tendency to have random strangers stay with her. The problem right now is a gentleman is refusing to...

People that won't leave my home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother in law has a wife who does absolutely nothing, doesn't work, doesn't contribute financially. They have no children together, but she has three sons from previous marriages, all over the age of 18. He no longer wants them in the house, but all attempt to get them to leave have failed. How...

Better to let 16 year old leave home? [ 4 Answers ]

My sixteen year old son told me today he wants to leave home. This happened after I asked him where he sees himself in 1 year. We have been having quite a time with him for 2 years now - he uses pot daily and has for quite some time. I have found a multitude of drug related items and destroy...

View more questions Search