Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickelback55 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
    Is my teacher a pedophile?
    Me and a few girls in my class think our teacher is a pedophile. Because one day one of the girls was taken out into the hall and the teacher went out to talk to her but she didn't do anything wrong. When she came back in she told me that he said he loved her. Also a girl has a in the class was told to move up near his desk because her grade was low but it wasn't. Then my friend was at a store with me and we didn't see the teacher but the next day he called us to his desk and asked us if we were there. We said yes and he said oh I thought I saw you. Its creepy weird. He ALWAYS stares at the girls and tells us about his life outside of school. It is also creepy cause he just had a little girl. My other friend would insult him straight to his face and he would just laugh and she would not get in trouble. What should we do?? Help us!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 04:06 PM

He wouldn't be a pedophile. That's someone who goes after little kids. You mean, "Is he a predator?"

Have you talked to your parents about this?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2011, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelback55 View Post
    Me and a few girls in my class think our teacher is a pedophile..... What should we do??? help us!!
    You are absolutely correct in soliciting advice and assistance in your circumstance.

If you feel that you or any of your friends may be endangered by someone please express those concerns by any means available.

You need not classify that individual (i.e. "pedophile"). Just continue to express your personal concerns... Let it be known how you are affected. If you know of others similarly affected, that helps.

Wondergirl's advice (above) is a good start. Talk to your parents. But don't stop there. Report your concerns to every person, authority, agency that you know of. Speak up. You'll be heard.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
    It is enough that you feel uncomfortable with the teacher's behaviour, and each of you should tell your parents how you feel.

What you have described so far, may be a simple misunderstanding.

That he took one girl out of the classroom to talk to her, probalby in the hallway, where other students and teachers are going to and fro, and saying that he 'loved her' could have been more in the context of, 'love ya' and whatever their conversation was about may have been nothing other than discussing maybe her behaviour. And this all happened, with a classroom full of kids.

Perhaps the second kid with the A, needs to be moved because she's not concentrating on her work in class, and maybe he thinks she can get an A+ if she's more foucussed in another seat.

He tells you all about his life may be a little inappropriate, but is it the sign of a criminal? Or criminal behaviour?

I am NOT saying that your instinct is wrong, or how you feel is wrong, or that there isn't a potential for this teacher overstepping general rules of boundaries and protocol when dealing with students. We have all heard horror stories of teachers, just like any other occupation, where, had people spoken up, tragedy would not have happened.

What I am saying is that you feel how you feel, and it is obviously making you uncomfortable. Maybe it will be enough for you to talk to your parents and let them handle it with the school. Staying silent is not the right thing to do.

If what he has done so far is 'just' a reflection of his personality, and he is otherwise not interested in young girls such as yourself, it will be apparent by the assessment done when a complaint comes forward. What it may do in the end, is have him more aware of how his words and actions can be possibly misconscrued, which in itself, shows he needs to be more professional, and less friendly.

Please speak to your parents and inform them of exactly what you have said here.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2011, 09:59 AM

Hello n:

What you described might be considered weird behavior for a teacher. But, it doesn't sound ILLEGAL. I make that distinction because I want you to FULLY understand the difference... Once you accuse him of pedophilia, you could RUIN his life and career.

Now, I don't know what this guy has in his mind, and I agree with my fellow experts that you should talk with your parents... Your instincts could be right. He MIGHT be a bad guy, but he might NOT be. Please tread cautiously.

You're young, but please read about the McMartin pre-school case. It's a story about pedophilia in a school that NEVER happened. Once that word was mentioned the city went nuts and WRONGLY convicted dozens and dozens of innocent parents, based on NOTHING..

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 10:02 AM

I have thought about this from this morning, and maybe he is strange, but we do not know what the teacher really told the girl in the hall, he may have really got on to her but she did not wish to admit it, and she lied.

But if he told this girl that, SHE not you needs to report him for what he told her.

And he may look strange at kids in your class because he hates kids and teaching.

I agree with excon, being careful but don't say and do things when you are not aware of the actual facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie song teacher teacher can't you see [ 0 Answers ]

A movie from the early 90's late 80's about a kid playing in his room and going to different places

Potential pedophile ! [ 19 Answers ]

I think my sister's fiancée who is in his mid 30s like me , I am 17 years old . He gives me these weird looks and I always get awkward vibes from him . I can not confront my sister about this before I am sure if these are simply illusions or if it is reality . But I'm getting really disgusted ...

I want to be a teacher. [ 4 Answers ]

I have already gone to college for my first love theatre. I have been working in theatre for the last 5 years and as much as I have a passion for it I have decided it would be best for me to pursue another career. I have given in much thought and I thought the best way to do this was to teach what...

View more questions Search