Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leedee Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Dec 18, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I would keep it from him - for the time being anyway - you don't need the added pressure of him whilst your pregnant. It sounds like you have a great guy by your side , just make sure you tell him the truth and eactly what's going on.

There will be a time when you will have to tell your child who their father is but for the time being take care of yourself and you baby.

He sounds like a jerk and you and your baby are better off without him.
    twinkel-star Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 10:27 AM
    I would not tell him id let him find out on his own
    adorroh11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv_My_Reece
    Hi I'm 17 and I dated this guy for 2 years and now I think I'm pregnant by him. We haven't spoken in 3 months and I have a restraining order against him because he used to beat me and the last time we spoke he said if I was pregnant than he would hurt the baby and now I'm afraid to tell him and I wanted to know what some other people my age thought about it. He made it clear before I thought I was pregnant that if I ever was he wanted nothing to do with either one of us. Should I tell him or just go it alone??? I do have a new boyfriend who has an 11 month old and supports me and loves me either way. What do you guys think I should do?:confused:
    I wouldn't tell him just leave him alone. You have a new man that cares about you and that's all your going to need his love and support should help you through it. You don't need any more drama from your ex.
    LOLLi3BAYB33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Hi I'm 17 and I dated this guy for 2 years and now I think I'm pregnant by him. We haven't spoken in 3 months and I have a restraining order against him because he used to beat me and the last time we spoke he said if I was pregnant than he would hurt the baby and now I'm afraid to tell him and I wanted to know what some other people my age thought about it. He made it clear before I thought I was pregnant that if I ever was he wanted nothing to do with either one of us. Should I tell him or just go it alone??? I do have a new boyfriend who has an 11 month old and supports me and loves me either way. What do you guys think I should do?:confused:
    I tink you should go alone wit your new boyfriend... if your ex was that bad den you don't need him in your or ue baby's life.. good luck :) x
    peircedmofo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Well if he doesn't want anything to do with you or the baby then just take him to court if its his and make him pay child support b.c to take care of that kid you might need it and if he doesn't have the balls to take care of his own child than he isn't worth talking to rationally tell me how it goes
    DominiqueMarlow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Well I think that you should let it go because if he don't want nothing to do with you than he don't love you so stick with your other mann because he loves you!
    Fiona92 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2008, 03:54 PM
    What ever you do do not tell this guy your pregnant it will only make things worse this other guy seems to be responsible so he might help you and you have the support of your family but before you do anything find out if your definitely pregnant then go from there just think about what's good for you and the baby and you will have your answer
    Hope this was helpful and I wish you all the luck in the world with whatever happens
    collegegirl101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 05:58 PM
    It is in the best interest for your safety and your baby's safety not to tell him. You may feel obligated to do so, but once he thretens you or your unborn child, it is smart to stay far away. You have a new love in your life. It's about you and the baby now, not your ex. Good luck and be safe.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Feb 13, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I wouldn't tell him. Honestly, I wouldn't even put him on the birth certificate then I would marry my current boyfriend and have his name on the child's certificate.
    nomatter Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Feb 13, 2008, 11:56 PM
    No matter how bad your ex-boyfriend have treated u, if you think your child's father is him, then you should let him know that you are pregnant. As you said you have a restraining order against him, that means he can't beat you up anymore, you have a boyfriend now, and you are not his, so he can't touch you anymore. You should be with your present boyfriend who is supportive of you, and if you feel that you are ready for marriage then you should marry this guy and giving the baby his name or your ex-boyfriend's name is all up to you. But you should also remember that you are 17 and raising a child is a lot of responsibility and so is marriage. Good Luck to you.
    x3Jen2010 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Deff. Find out if your really pregnant or not first and make sure it really is his child. If I were you, I don't think I would tell him because he did say if you were pregnant he was gong to harm your child, so as a mother, it would be a good idea not to tell him. At least right away.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Gee I hope she has had the baby by now!:D
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Honestly, I think you should let the baby be adopted. don't tell your crazy EX and it should be fine. Then when you're ready have a baby with the man you for sure love. But you know what, its up to you. If you do choose adoption, you can still keep in touch. P.s. I'm adopted and I understand it was better that way.
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Jul 4, 2009, 03:29 PM

Whatever you do DO NOT tell this jerk.
    You don't want to risk yours and your baby's health.
    Besides, do you know it is definitely his baby

That plays a huge factor
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teens Bedroom ----help [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Hope someone can help. We are redoing our 15 year olds bedroom - a skateboard fanatic. We would like to incorporate this into his room - old skate decks for shelves, posters mounted, track lighting, etc. He wants his ceiling black - no problem - but what color would I use on the walls? ...

Teens and MySpace [ 23 Answers ]

Wow what an epiphany... If you really want to know who your child is and what they are up to... do a myspace search on your kid. Click on all of their friends and read comments left by your child.and read comments their friends are leaving them. Most teenagers have a myspace account and it's...

My teens do not like my partner [ 17 Answers ]

I feel hopeless, my kids have virtually pushed my partner out of their lives and mine. Now I have to sneak around to see her. What should I do? Should I stop seeing this person that I love, just because my teenagers have told me so? I am very confused... yoyokerk:( :( :(

My teens are angry-I divorced their dad [ 18 Answers ]

We each had one of the children after our divorce and then my youngest decided she wanted to live with her dad and my other daughter. I disagreed and she moved anyway. Now I am faced with proving why I should have the custody back the way it was. My oldest is calling my late at night and calling me...

Teens without conscience [ 11 Answers ]

My 16 year old Son has decided he would like to live on his own. His Sister who is 18 has been asked to leave her father's house two days ago because she has been lying and stealing and refusing to help out at home or abide by the house rules. She has been defiant since she was 7. When she was a...

View more questions Search