Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 01:16 PM
    I'm confused
    I am so confused I'm 15 and I am sexual active I was spotting a brown color I think but then a couple of days later I got my period can I be pregnant or am I just being paranoid I haven't taken I pregnancy test yet because I got my period but can I still be pregnant
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 24, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Why do you not ask your mother these questions?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Thank you Jesushelper for that question/answer. I must also ask why are you having sex at 15? Especially unprotected sex.
    arg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 02:41 PM
    I'm not having unprotected sex and if none of you is going to answer my question then don't post **** thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 02:46 PM
    If you are not having unprotected sex, then why do you think you may be pregnant?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Spotting of a brown color is usually just left over old blood from your last period. The blood turns brown because it's old. I've had it many times, just before my period and also mid-month of my cycle, and have not been pregnant. Some women get the spotting when they are ovulating. Overall it's very common and shouldn't be something you have to worry about. If it persists though and you have other symptoms such as pain, itching or a rash I would go to the doctor to have it checked out. Sometimes the brown spotting can be a sign of a sexually transmitted infection. But since you are practicing safer sex it's likely not that, either.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 12:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arg
    im not havin unprotected sex nd if none of yall is goin to answer my question then dont post **** thanks
    There is no need to be rude!
    Everyone here is entitled to give their own opinion.. and again without being rude!

Thing is - 15 yrs old, is still very young. Im not going to say 15 is too young to be having sex, BUT at least if you want to have sex at this age, which usually means 15 yr olds do not know much about the consequences the pleasure of sex has sometimes.
    So bare that in mind and go see a doctor, maybe he can give you the contraceptive pill and also dear please use condoms.
    These days you know who has what! You understand.

Better safe than sorry!
    Esp at 15 yrs old.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 01:35 AM
    RickJ - again this post is not appearing on my profile as a thread I'm subscribed too!
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 02:14 AM
    arg - j9 is just trying to be helpful and get to the bottom of your concerns.

You are 15yrs old and there is no way you worry you were pregnant unless you had partaken in unprotected sex. If you ask me your defensive lashing out was because he hit a nerve and was dead on - but you do not want to admit it.

I have been there done that and got the t-shirt. Trust me, denile gets you nowhere.

I have had brown blood before at the start of my periods many times, however when I was 18yrs old it turned out I was pregnant. That was as a result of a split condom. I then had to go through the worst thing ever - an abortion!

I suggest you consult your GP if you have had unprotected sex, and get checked out. Becoming preganant is not the only risk - but also catching an STI wich can have huge reprocussions if left untreated.

I would also get yourself on the contraceptive Pill. I went on it straight after my abortion. I would not wish on anyone what I had to go through. You are young with the rest of your life ahead of you. I am 22yrs old now and still not ready to have children, but am prepared to be responsible if it should happen as I am old enough and mature enough to cope whereas a few years ago I wasn't.

Think long and hard and don't shout at people trying to help you; you won't do yourself any favours!
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

May 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Hi arg, I did'nt have any brown spotting when I found out I was pregnant, but I really think you should sit down with you mother if you have not already and tell her you have been sexually active and have her take you to see your doctor. If you are having a child at this young of age is not easy I know I was 15 years old when I had my child, but I was raped and I didn't have my mother around to help me with any thing I learned how to be a parent on my own and it's not easy so if you can please think very hard about your life, you are young you have your whole life ahead of you and you have plenty of time to have children later. Think about it you still have to finish high school, then college, then get you a good career to support you and your children you can be what every you want to be. Please take care of yourself, if you have a loving mother that wants to be there for you don't leave her in the dark, or out of your life let her help you. Please keep me posted : )
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arg
    i am so confused im 15 and i am sexual active i was spotting a brown color i think but then a couple of days later i got my period can i be pregnat or am i just being paranoid i havent taken i pregnacy test yet because i got my period but can i still be pregnat
    Your confusion here is really a subject to discuss with your mother, or a doctor. But, to help you a little - here are a few things that could be the reason.

You obviously had unprotected sex, or you would not have posted here as being paranoid and/or confused.

You are only 15 - not to say you're not 'mature enough', but just to explain the body a little - most young women from the beginning of their cycles until approximately 18 will have irregular periods and spotting in between - it's a hormanal thing and the body needs time to 'settle into a routine' - that's why it's important to be as 'safe' as possible, and also advised to keep a calendar. Unless they start taking the 'pill' to regulate their cycles - it happens to most.

Also, unfortunately, some women have spotting throughout their whole pregnancies. This does not happen to many, but it is possible - my mother had this condition - and here I am.

So, you should either have your normal period by now, or you'll be having other symptoms that are new to you - and you should by all means see your doctor about this to reassure yourself.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Mothers might be upset at first, but they are usually the best source of information and emotional strength when you have questions like this. We were once your age too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search