Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelgirl4 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Should I make a move? Let him know how I feel?
    Ok I'm in high school, and been in love with this guy for three years. After the first year of knowing him, I wanted to know if he liked me, since we were great friends, always close, walked to classes and everything kind of inseparable. Well, I didn't do the most best approach I texted him, and he ended up saying we were just friends. Though he did say he liked me, and asked me where I was getting this from... But that following day, we were kind of close but I didn't say anything that happened about the text. I think I might have scared him off, but since then we've become the best of friends, etc. I love him more than I did then, I see a light in him, I like him for who he is, not like infuation or anything else, I love everything about him, he's like an angel, everything it my life came for the better when I met him. I hardly see him at school now, it's my senior year, and I can tell he might just really care about me too.
    I'm scared, I just don't want to throw myself under the bus. I see him walking around all these girls, but he honsetly don't got a girlfriend, never had one, but I don't know what I should do. I know I want to say something, somehow make him understand cause I miss him, and my unknown love for him is eating me up inside. I just know he's busy, I mean he's never focuse don his education, he's AP/IB student. He's invited me to his IB Art show in which I'll be going in April, I wish I could say something, but I don't think there would be a time and place now. I just am afraid he's going to say no again, but I really care about him, I wish he could know, just at least to get it off my chest. He doesn't really know, I never told him or talked to him about what happened about the text and everything. I've liked guys before and no one compares to him. What should I do?
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Sep 16, 2011, 02:17 AM
    Just say something, otherwise you will miss your chance

Sep 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
    Riot, I agree with you. But it's kind of hard to really say anything since I just don't see him around like I used to, and other things. But yesterday, I sent him a text. Now he used to do this, where he sent other people, including me, something like you are loved. But that was a long while ago. I did the same thing, and told him basically "you are loved", sent that to him the other night. Saying that you are loved, that says something, right?

Sep 19, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Boys what would you think?
    What if you were told by this girl you like, what if she told you that she's been in love with you for three years, and loves everything about you?
    Riot Posts: 130, Reputation: 29

Sep 19, 2011, 10:54 PM
    Ahh probably. If your on Facebook (and if he is to) drop him an inbox. Or just text him with some general conversation and see how he responds. Then maybe say something like "would you like to hang out after school/work" or along the lines of. Its best to gauge someone when your talking face too face to see how they respond. Drop a hint or two see what he does.

This is probably in reference to:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...el-596819.html

But oh well, ill answer this too.
    If a girl said that I would be a little taken back by it. I would be thinking "3 years? thats a long time to be beating around the bush and not telling me before"
    If I liked her... then I guess that already speaks for itself?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2011, 11:46 AM
    He said you were just friends before, and if he changed his mind he would be surely letting you know, wouldn't he?

Since he has not made a move, then I think its time to accept he sees you as just friend, and forget the romance part of this.

Sorry, but he just doesn't have the same feeelings as you do. Why hurt yourself, and lose a friend?

Sep 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Hey riot, I agree. After awhile though I'm just spent. The sad thing was I saw him real close talking and enjoying time with this girl, which he might like. It broke my heart when that happened on Tuesday. And I agree with you, talaniman. I appreciate you answering this question and my divorce question. I'll soon reply to that. You're right about it though, we may just be friends, you know? I'd never want to lose him. The first time I told him I liked him, I didn't say anything to him about it at school about what really happened (it really did hurt when he said we were just friends). I kind of had a pride issue, and it seemed somewhat awkward enough. He didn't say anything to me about it either, though he seemed really happy that day (of course, lol). But one of the reasons I really did tell him, I truly did like him at that time, but I had a weird feeling he might have liked me the way I liked him. This sort of thing had happened before, let's say guy zero, this guy I met before I even met this guy, well he broke my heart.

I was friends with guy zero, but things happened too quick. The first guy to tell me he loved me though I know he didn't mean it (he's slime and scum). I was afraid this new wonderful guy that came into my life, was to become my worst thing. He kind of acted the same way guy zero acted around girls, but in reality I realized I couldn't personify that. They were two different people... I was just afraid of the same experience happening where this guy almost becomes guy zero. I had genuine concern for this guy however, much unlike guy zero, which it was more infuatation. I wanted to see what this guy would say when I asked him, wanting to give things a shot. Live a little, especially things when things were going badly with my father. So if he did or not like me, I could get out of it somehow, (afraid of getting too attached) thinking that to him it just might be fair game. It's just probably a game or something (I know kind of weird thinking back then). But I now I know I approached telling him the whole thing wrong. I'm now in a spot, where I feel like I have to move on.
    After the fact, seeing him again the past week, although it was kind of short-lived it brought me back, I felt a piece of myself was coming back. Talaniman, when things were happening badly with my dad this guy was there for me. But now he's snubbed me in a way, I never see him anymore, and seeing him with another girl it was just the last straw. I don't know where to go from this. Only the way I see is out.

Sep 22, 2011, 06:33 PM
    I truly wish he could know I felt... but I know there's not really a reason too, I guess... I just don't want to get hurt anymore, you know?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2011, 06:36 PM
    First you don't tell him that you were in love with him for three years, makes you sound like a stalker.

You tell him you like him, how about you asking him to something ( like a date)

Sep 24, 2011, 05:47 AM
    Here's a update: Well trying to just even causually text, he doesn't answer then a few days later I try to just call him to chat or see if I can get him, it goes to his voicemail. This is what I think he's doing, unless he sees me at school, and talks to me (which the school is huge, and it's very random chance to see him even to talk to him) he'll text me, eitherwise probably not. So I don't care-I'm trying but I'll just wash my hands clean of it. I know usually when someone doesn't text or call back they're not interested... oh well...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex dumped me and I feel like I can't move on [ 11 Answers ]

OK well about 3 weeks ago my ex girlfriend broke up with me. I have known this girl for 2 years and I can't get her out of my mind. She said she broke up with me because she needed to be alone and she didn't want to be with anyone right now but she said she still loves me. Im not sure if I...

I want to move out but feel guilty [ 15 Answers ]

I've been wanting to move out of my mother's house for a while now. I had a sister was disabled for almost 9 yrs and passed away last year. My mother stayed home taking care of her and my nephew so I couldn't move out because I had to support them ( pay for rent, food, phone bill, etc). Now my...

I want to Move out. But I feel bad for my mom [ 7 Answers ]

Hey people! Well, I'm a 22 years old girl,I'm only child and I live with my parents, and I really really want to move out,because I don't like the place where I live,and I really want to more independency, I already have a great job and money enough to move,but my biggest problem is my Mom,she...

When do you start to feel the baby move? [ 6 Answers ]

When do you start to feel the baby move I'm am now 16 weeks and a day and I have yet to feel the baby move

How do I make him feel it again [ 3 Answers ]

When I met my boyfriend we were very much in love with each other and there was nothing about him that he did not tell me but I messed up. I betrayed his trust in me and he withral completely away from me. At times when I tell him he can confide in me and that he can come to me for anything and...

View more questions Search