Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    spicylife's Avatar
    spicylife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
    When do I have to file form w8-BEN?
    I am a resident-alien (passed the substantial presence test) for tax purposes. I opened a stock trading account with I am requested to send form W8-BEN. I was reading instructions and it says, w8-BEN is applicable only for non-resident aliens.

    Do I even have to file wait or is there any other form I have to supply the broker(
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jul 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
    At a minimum, you have to fill I n W-9 to provikde the broker with your SSN.

    Other than that, no forms are needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FORM to file Discovery? [ 10 Answers ]

We have a daughter in AR.. she is handling case herself.. wanted to ask other side for data etc. "Discovery".. She was told by someone "there is a form needed for discovery. I told her that all is needed is to send letter and what is asked for to the other side.. but again last night was told "need...

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

Which form should I file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax Expert, I am from China. My visa status is H1 from Oct. 1, 2005 and prior to that was F1. I stayed in Minnesota from Jan. 1 to May 30 and in this period I earned some money as a Research Assistant. Then I moved to MA till now. I am married and my spouse is still holding F1 in MN for...

Which Form to file? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working under an H1-B VISA since Dec. 2003. I am also a student who has paid tuition and tuition fees in 2004. Which form should I be using to file my taxes? I am from Korea and have been getting conflicting responses from several people. Last year my CPA filed my taxes using a 1040...

What form to file ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am an international student. I graduated in last year September 2004. I started working on my opt for a company. I paid fed,state and other taxes from oct 2004 till dec 2004. I need to know what from I have to file for my federal and state tax return. Do I need to file 1040 NR EZ for...

View more questions Search