My husband filed bankruptcy in 2003 but I did not. We just received a 1099-C from the mortgage company in my name that said it has been written off. From what I have read on the internet, "I" have to file the amount on MY taxes this year as income. Is there anything I can do to avoid claiming all this money as income?