Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    pasquy_it's Avatar
    pasquy_it Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 2, 2009, 02:24 AM
    What address do I need to write on my tax form?
    I received my W2 on which there's written my old address, now I live in Italy... do I have to write my current Italian address or the same address that you find on my W2?

    If I write my current Italian address, will it be a problem that the address on the W2 is different?

    I really hope that someone can help me,
    t5styles333's Avatar
    t5styles333 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3
    New Member

    Apr 2, 2009, 02:39 AM

    You should file a change of address. A 8822 form can be downloaded at this url: Address Changes

    There are institutions for foreign addresses so read up on that.

    pasquy_it's Avatar
    pasquy_it Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 2, 2009, 03:04 AM

    Yes, I already didi it! But is it a problem that on the W2 form there's the old address?
    MukatA's Avatar
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

    Apr 2, 2009, 07:23 AM

    If does not matter what address is on W2. You can file tax return from your Italy address.
    If you are a U.S. citizen or resident, then you must report your worldwide income.
    pasquy_it's Avatar
    pasquy_it Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 2, 2009, 12:14 PM

    No, I'm Italian. And how should I mail my forms? Should I use a registred mail?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jun 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Hopefully you mailed the form normal mail; registered mail is overdoing it a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Address of who owns this property and what is her address and phone number [ 5 Answers ]

The property address is 2208 norton st rochester ny

I need an address to send my it-203 tax form! [ 4 Answers ]

I received a letter saying I had forgotten to send in my it-203 for ny state form but I lost the letter and I just need the address so I can send it in... help if you can please!! thanks!

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search