Hello, I"m relatively new to tax filing and I had a little question about the state tax box on my W-2. My husband is in the military and we are living in North Dakota and have been since 2007. I'm technically a North Dakota resident now and would have to put that I would get taxed for North Dakota taxes. But I think I messed that up when I first applied for my job when I filed a form for my W-2 or something of that nature and accidentally put Texas as my tax state when we first moved up here.

I was wondering if that could get me into trouble, seeing as Texas has no state taxes, but North Dakota does. And if there's any forms I could fill out to fix this. Possibly someone I should call to be able to pay the state taxes that I most likely owe to North Dakota. Husband is in California on TDY and I"m in Texas with my parents till he gets back so I don't think I can file at H&R Block or anything since he's not with me. Please help, I don't know what I'm doing lol.