Me and My wife are from India and both of us working in USA on H1B visa status.
We have a 7 year old daughter who is staying with her grand parents in India and studying
There. We send money to her grand parents for all her expenses. Now we are decided to
Bring our daughter this end of April 2007 to USA.

Now our situation is we have a dependent child but lived in India with her grand parents.
For filing taxes for the year 2006, we do not know how to mention this in our Tax returns.

I wanted to know is there any rule or rgulation that will help me to show her in our tax returns as our dependent child?

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks & regards,
Mohamed Gouse Shaik