Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    IVATODOROVA's Avatar
    IVATODOROVA Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Tax return for h2b visa workers in the Usa
    If you are a worker from a foreign country with h2b visa do you have to file for a tax return?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,752, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 7, 2007, 01:32 PM

    Form 1040NR if you have not been here for at least 183 days.

    BOTH Form 1040 and 1040NR is over 183, but less than the full calendar year.

    Form 1040 if you have been in the U.S. for all of 2006 (except for vacations).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1 and H4 visa tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your quick reply. I have few more questions and I hope you will reply me. 1. Which form 1040/1040A/1040EZ is apprpriate for me (H1B) to apply jointly with my wife (H4) and child (H4)? 2. Is there any advantage if we apply separately? 3. My elder daughter has born in...

Whether the L1 visa holders are also pay the Tax in usa? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, It would be great if u can tell me, that whether L1,L2(if working in usa) visa holders are also tax payble in USA? Thanks in advance. Kanchan

H2B visa tax return policy [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single worker with a h2b visa since last year in usa and I would like to know what taxes I will be eligible to get back from the government ,in what percentage.I am working in California and I pay taxes like american citizens.

H2B visa tax returning policy [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know wich taxes I am able to get back while I am a seasonal worker in usa on a singely statute.

Tax for H1-B visa in USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can any one help to know, how much I may have to pay as my taxes, when I go with H1-B visa to USA? I would work as a post-doctoral associate, in a university (non-profit).I would be paid 37K per annum plus for my medicare and I may have to stay for four years in USA. With best wishes,...

View more questions Search