Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mrterry77's Avatar
    mrterry77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 21, 2006, 09:09 PM
    Tax implications of 1099 income
    My son has had a paper route for the past 2 years and the income has always reported on his SSN as 1099 income. The newpaper company is changing policies and will no longer hire minors. If I put the route in my name and receive a 1099 for the income and the issue a 1099 to my son paying him the entire amount. What are the tax implications for me? i.e. - self employment tax, etc.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,834, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Sep 22, 2006, 04:38 PM
    That's one way to handle it. Your son would be considered a sub-contractor.

    Nothing wrong with it at all. You will have to file a Schedule C. Since all the money goes to your son, no sel-employment tax will be due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 MISC income [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee who is exercise instructor who also did some painting in our facility for a flat fee. Is the painting income reportable on Form 1099 and if so which box?

1099-MISC income requires schedule C-EZ [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was on F1 status through 2005. I worked till April as an independent contractor at my company and have an 1099-MISC for that period. Later, I was employed full time and have the corresponding W-2 form. I used an automated tax preparation software (Cintax) provided by my university to...

1099-MISC income while on H-1B Visa [ 5 Answers ]

Is it legal to have a 1099-MISC income while being on H-1 Visa? The income is derived from a web based business to while the individual is affiliated but not an employee of. The profit earned by him is reported on a yearly basis as a 1099-MISC that is sent to him by the company. Is this legal? Will...

1099-MISC income and IRA elgibility [ 3 Answers ]

This year for the first time, I received all of my income from pension (30K), 1099-MISC (subcontractor) (60K) and capital gains from the sale of a house (100K+) Does this mean that I can not get either a traditional IRA or a ROTH IRA because I have no "earned income"? Is there any other tax...

How to report income on 1099-Misc? [ 1 Answers ]

I got both W2 & 1099-Misc (Box 7. Nonemployee Compensation) from my employer. When I entered 1099-Misc income in TurboTax, it produced a Form 4137 (social security & medicare tax on unreported tip income). The income reported on 1099-Misc is not unreported tip income, but performance based bonus...

View more questions Search