Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    potter_harry's Avatar
    potter_harry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 6, 2006, 12:32 PM
    Which states I should file taxes
    I am an MBA student ( on F1 visa) in North Carolina, and did my internship in New York during summer last year. I stayed in New Jersey while doing my internship.

    I also have income from working in school as well. Now, which states am I required to file taxes. Can you recommend some easy sites to understand regulations to do the filing.

    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,815, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 6, 2006, 07:12 PM

    Suggest you use for the state returns. The CINCTAX wite is supposedly pretty good for the 1040NR.

    You need to file NY state and NC state tax returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes with no income [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... hope someone can help me, I am a full time student.. I live off school grants and veteran disability benefit money. This is the first time I have not received any income for a whole year. And I don't know how to file my taxes without a w2. But I do know that it is nessesary to file my taxes...

How do I file for taxes, my wife is on H4. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, here is the scenario: -I am on H1, and I have to file for my tax returns. -I got married last year, and my wife is in US since dec of last year. -I want to file her as an dependent while applying for tax returns, so that I can -get more returns then the normal returns. My question is,...

Fed employee, must I file in both states where I live and where I work [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Was told by former CPA and filed this way through him for years. He states that because I was a fed civilian employee, I did not have to file NY state taxes and could get away with only filing NJ state taxes since that is where I live. My gut tells me he is wrong... but he comes highly...

Taxes for two States [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in US from 2004 on L1 visa, and last year my company filed a return for me.I was transferred from Helena,Montana to Minneapolis and I travelled on my car and took my things along with me. By what rate I can claim the transportation.What form should I use to claim the amount. I was...

3 states taxes + ITIN for wife [ 3 Answers ]

Hello experts, I've been on H1 for the whole of 2005. I got married in Aug 2005 and my wife joined me in Nov on H4. I have three W-2 forms for three different states for 2005. Now, this is the first time I am going to do my taxes on my own. So - 1) Do I file as "Married filing jointly" or...

View more questions Search