Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    bertac69's Avatar
    bertac69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 2, 2013, 09:16 PM
    State of Illinois comptroller withholding agent
    I live in Hampton Iowa and I received a letter from the state of Illionis Comptroller-withhelding Agent, form 1099 interest $79.54. What does this mean? I have no idea.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,778, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 2, 2013, 09:27 PM
    If you filed a LATE Illinois tax return and got paid a bit more on your refund because the state of Illinois paid you interest on the refund (probably $79.54 more), the Form 1099-INT is reporting that interest as income to your AND to the IRS.

    You need to claim the interest as income on your 2012 tax return.
    wandzz's Avatar
    wandzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 15, 2013, 11:16 AM
    How do I get my 1099 form from 2012
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,778, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Dec 15, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Redundant question; already answered.
    Tscudieri's Avatar
    Tscudieri Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 12, 2019, 09:56 AM
    My name is Theresa xxxx, Account Number xxxxxx. I’ve moved since last year and have not received my 1099-R form. My new address is xxx Will you send the 1099-R form to my new address or is there a way to get it on line? My e-Mail address is xxxx. Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,778, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 12, 2019, 10:09 AM

    This website answers tax questions; it does NOT control your Form 1099-R.

    You need to contact the custodian of your pension or IRA to change your address so they send you the Form 1099-R.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State tax withholding [ 1 Answers ]

My current residence is in Nebraska, I work with the post office and my new duty station is in TX, I am staying in Nebraska on detail until the middle of February, I know I will have to file with Nebraska as a part time resident for 2013, my question is with withholding, do I have to have my check...

Withholding in wrong state [ 1 Answers ]

I am resident in Illinois, and have a winter home in Arizona. More than 1/2 of the year is spent in Illinois. Some W2 income was incorrectly designated as AZ income and taxes were withheld. How do I correctly include this income on my IL return? How do I recover the incorrect AZ withholding?...

New York State withholding [ 3 Answers ]

What is the New York State withholding for a married couple?

I have two state withholding on my paycheck. [ 1 Answers ]

I come from MA and currently work in PA. I have moved to PA but since I filed my application when I was at MA, I have two state withholding on my paycheck. I now live in PA and work in PA. How do I get rid of MA state withholding? If I do this, will my PA state tax increase? Thanks for help!

No state withholding by out of state employer? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arizona and am an employee of a company based in Washington, DC. I noticed on my W2 that they did not withhold any state taxes at all for last year. Is it legal for them to fail to withhold state taxes for an out-of-state employee? Second question if you don't mind: I have Foreign...

View more questions Search