Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Veracity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 06:20 PM
    1099-misc Box 3
    I was hoping I could get some help on this - I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I got $1000 from my department as an award for teaching and it has shown up on the 1099-MISC form in box 3. Does this mean that I have to fill out 1040NR instead of 1040 NR-EZ?

Thank you in advance!
    Marko
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Yes, you must file Form 1040NR. Show the income on Line #21 (OTHER INCOME).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-Misc Box 3 on behalf of friends [ 1 Answers ]

My friend in China was invloved in internet business with a US internet company. Since the US company refused to pay him because he does not have a SSN, he then borrowed my SSN (I'm a 2nd year F1 student) and got paid by the US company. Now I received 1099-Misc with 10,000 income from his...

1099-MISC (Box 7) and W-2 from same employee [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a 1099-MISC (box 7) and W-2 from my current employer. What can I do? I am an employee, not independent contractor. If I pay as "other income" on 1040, will my employer have any problems because of me? What can I do?

Box 18 of the 1099-Misc Form [ 1 Answers ]

What does box 18 of the 1099-Misc form mean? Can you put income into that box even if the state does not hold out taxes? I need to know immediately if possible. If I can not put income into that box, I have 1099- Misc forms to re-run. You can email me at sglidden@1mssi. Com. Thanks,...

1099 misc box 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 1099-MISC tax form with box 7 filled out for $1500.00. I was a mentor teacher for an intern in my classroom and I got the money for mentoring her. The money was given to me through the school system through a non profit organization. This organization was created by the school system and...

1099-misc [ 1 Answers ]

I received an 1099-misc form, from a business I did some work for. I live and worked in Minnesota. I received $4,250 in box 7, no taxes withheld. I claimed it as other income when I filed my taxes electronically line 21 of 1040. I just entered it on the program and it calculated and e-filed for...

View more questions Search