Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CorgiGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2015, 01:40 PM
    How do I file the 1099-misc/lease of mineral rights: 1 for royalties, 1 for rent
    I have received a 1099-misc that records both royalties and rent. How do I file this on the 1040 form. I am using Turbo tax. I wants me to file this as a business expense even though it is undeveloped family property.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 22, 2015, 01:49 PM
    BOTH rent and royalties are reported on Schedule E page #1, as are the legitimate expenses incurred with generating the rent and royalty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-Misc - How to File? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in MA, but received a 1099-MISC form from a company in CA, for which I did a little bit of work for. Do I report this to both MA and CA, or just CA where it was earned?

How do I properly file a 1099-MISC? [ 4 Answers ]

I started work as a PC technician at a local repair shop. Before the shop became a corporation in October of 2008, my boss told me that I would be considered a 'contract employer' until then. This was July 1, 2008. For three full months, I was paid as a contract employer with no taxes being taken...

How to file 1099-misc [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the business code on a 10---misc form

1099-MISC, how to file! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Yes I know, down to the wire on taxes. Please help. I am finished filing (But haven't sent in yet) my return on Turbo Tax. In 2006, I started working for a financial services company as an administrative assistant SUB for the front desk gal while she was on vacation for a month, before I...

View more questions Search