Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hilda Starkey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2015, 04:01 PM
    2014 W2 form needed
    I forgot to change my address with the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development after I moved. How can I obtain my w2 or form 1099G now? Apparently they have mailed it to my old address and I didn't receive it. Thanks for your help. Hilda
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 3, 2015, 04:14 PM
    You can only get a W2 or 1099 from the employer who issued it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2015, 04:51 PM
    Contact your employer and file a change of address.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2015, 05:39 PM
    If it was unemployment (as seems logical) it would be a 1099G. And you ask the dept of labor to resend.

However, did you have taxes withheld from the payments? If not, you should be able to figure out what you received and just plug in the numbers.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 3, 2015, 05:51 PM
    You can also probably access the Form 1099-G from the state Department of Labor website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help needed regarding form 8843 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I did an unpaid internship/scholar(J1) last year in the US in June-July 2012. Now I have a few questions about filling out form 8843: - do I fill out the "Address in the US" ( I returned to my home country India in August 2012, should I fill in my address during the internship). I have...

Is a eviction form needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have let a friend live rent free at my house with no lease for the last 3 yrs. And I want him to move but he refuses. So do I need to get a eviction notice or how do I proceed about going with this

D.I. Why. Legal form needed to revoke signature [ 2 Answers ]

My mother signed documents (Petition for Appointment of General Conservator) giving Power of Attorney of my grandmother to my aunt. Since then my aunt has been keeping my grandmother from her family and refuses to answer any calls from anyone trying to contact my grandmother. My mother now wishes...

Type of tax form needed NY & CA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Re 2006 taxes, I've lived in California entire 2006 and actually bacame a resident in October 2006. However, I worked in NY in 2005 and some money owed to me was paid in 2006, so I received a 2006 W2 from my previous NY employer. Appreciate if you can let me know if (a) I have to file NY...

Help needed: Form to file 1040NR? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Before I start with my question, Thanks to AtlantaTaxExpert for patiently answering the questions to all.It does really help us many reading your posts. I got most of the information I require from the questions other people have asked. I am trying to follow this post for my decisions...

View more questions Search