Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harshad M Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Tax Query L1
    Hi, I'm Indian citizen, I was In US during Feb 2006 to Aug 2006 in Nebraska state on L1 visa.

1 Can you please let me know what forms do I need to submitt ?
    Is 1040NREZ the only form to submitt for Federal and Nebraska State Form?

2 What form/document should I submitt so that I should have record that I've actually filled my returns.

3 Is it mandatory to submitt 8843 form ?

Thanks in Advance

Harsh
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 10:52 AM
    1) You need to file a dual-status return if you were in the U.S. on the L-1 visa for more than 183 days.

2) If you were in the U.S. for less than 183 days, file as a non-resident alien, filing Form 1040NR-EZ. File the Nebraska tax form for a part-year resident.

3) No; this form is only if your visa status is F-1 or J-1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Tax Query related to Federal and State Tax and Filing Status. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Married Indian resident. I had visited US in 2006 twice on H1B. I have never been to US earlier. Period of Visit: March 2006-April2006 approx 44 Days - Income from NY. Stayed in NJ August 2006 – Sept 2006 approx 32 Days. - Income from NJ. Stayed in NJ My company paid the salary...

NY state tax IT 201 query [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When you are filling out the 201 form for question 72 (NY State tax withheld) - I am assuming that is state income tax amount on your w-2. Now for question 73 (NY City Tax withheld) - is that the local tax box on your w-2? If so, do you have to add the 2 up and then subtract your actual tax...

Query Regarding the Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I came to US (State - Massachusetts) on December 1st 2006 on a H1B visa. Because I got my ssn in January only , I got the salary of December 2006 on Jan 31st. It seems I will not be eligible for the W2 form of year 2006 from my employer, as the December 2006 salary got processed in Jan 2007...

Tax Query [ 4 Answers ]

If an Indian citizen works for a Canadian company from home in India, is the person eligible for income tax? The salary is wired through the Canadian company.

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search