Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john_j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 02:25 PM
    1099-MISC (Box 7) and W-2 from same employee
    I have received a 1099-MISC (box 7) and W-2 from my current employer. What can I do? I am an employee, not independent contractor.

If I pay as "other income" on 1040, will my employer have any problems because of me?

What can I do?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Ask your employer WHY you got the Form 1099-MISC. IOt may be for something NOT related to your employee duties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Box 18 of the 1099-Misc Form [ 1 Answers ]

What does box 18 of the 1099-Misc form mean? Can you put income into that box even if the state does not hold out taxes? I need to know immediately if possible. If I can not put income into that box, I have 1099- Misc forms to re-run. You can email me at sglidden@1mssi. Com. Thanks,...

1099 misc box 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 1099-MISC tax form with box 7 filled out for $1500.00. I was a mentor teacher for an intern in my classroom and I got the money for mentoring her. The money was given to me through the school system through a non profit organization. This organization was created by the school system and...

1099-misc [ 4 Answers ]

I did not receive a w-2 for 2005 taxes, all I received was a 1099-MISC. How am I supposed to fill out my taxes? What form am I supposed to use?

1099-misc Help! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, so here is a tough one for you... hopefully you can help me out! This is very confusing for me! I am Canadian and work in the United States under the Trade NAFTA agreement. I commute almost everyday so I do not live in the US. I work for a very small company where I fall in...

F1, w-2 and 1099-Misc [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I did go across lot of threads and it helped me. But I hope I can get answers to my queries. I was on F1- status throughout last year. However I was paid on 1099-misc and w-2 by two employers. My Questions 1) Do I need to attach 1099-misc or is the employer tax id enough? ...

View more questions Search