Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pavan_vadali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
    F1-H1B (year 2005)
    Hello,

In the year 2005, I was a full-time student (on F-1 Visa), till June 2005. From July 2005, I started working for a company (on OPT) and since Nov 2005, I am on H1-B. Based on some false information, I filed my taxes using a wrong 1040 form and that resulted in me paying lot of money to the IRS. I understood that I should have done it using 1040NR-EZ, but it was too late. I would like to make an amendment to my 2005 tax return, now and I am looking for some professional consultancy. Please understand this situation and contact me if you can do the amendment.

Thanks,
    Pavan.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Pavan:

I believe we have already spoken.

I can do the amendment, but the tax paid will not change.

The amendment will only change your status back to non-resident alien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Year 2005 [ 7 Answers ]

Got this one from my daughter today... YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... 1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave. 2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years. 3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

Married and changed to H1B after Oct 1,2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta Tax Expert, I read your Sticky Announcement Part II. I think I can file as a resident alien by virtue of "CHOOSING RESIDENT ALIEN STATUS" that appears on Page 9 of Pub. 519 since: a) I am married b) Both me and my wife were non-resdents at the beginning of the year (F1 & F2...

Regarding H1B and Taxes for partial of 2005 [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Atlanta Tax Expert, I have gone through all of your expert advises, I found that, you are giving great suggestions to all of the member. Basically, I have H1B for 2005. I came to USA for the first time in October 4th 2005. Since then I am working with the same company. At the end of 2005,...

First Year Choice: 31 Days in 2005? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Atalanta Expert: I am planning to make 2006 as first year choice of resident alien. However, I called IRS they told me to files as resident alien; I need 31 days in 2005. I convert from F-1 to H1B on December 31, 2005. I already filed for extension in 2006 thinking that by June 2006, I will...

I am on H1B and Wife on F1-Visa for 2005 [ 7 Answers ]

Hello , For 2005 year the complete year I was on H1B and I got married in July and my wife is in Student Visa (F1). She has started her OPT in December 2005. I made around 50k+ and she made around 3k for the whole year of 2005 I have a couple of questions, 1) What forms do I need to fill...

View more questions Search