Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LALASASA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 10:41 AM
    Can h1b visa employer apply for the h1b visa holder and his wife at the same time ?
    My husband has h1b visa should my husband get the green card first then I apply to the green card or the emplyoer can apply for both of us at the same time p.s I am and usa with my husband
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 02:24 PM
    This is REALLY a LEGAL queston best posted in the LAW Forum under Immigration Law.

I am NOT an attorney, so take what I am about to say for what it is worth: In my opinion, you should BOTH apply for the Green Card at the same time, especially if the employer is willing to bear the costs!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes for H1B visa holder and wife on visiting visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I got married on 20th Nov 2010. My wife was in USA for 8 days. Then she went back to UK where she has a job and is paying taxes there. We will be living apart till 2012. Now, 2 questions: 1) Assuming I will be filing taxes married but not jointly, so how should I get my salary in...

Does Tax Levy apply to H1B visa holder left US for 3 years? [ 1 Answers ]

I was a F-1/H1-B visa holder stayed in the US during 1995 to 2005. I left US for good at the beginning of 2005 and paid taxes up to 2004. I left my checking and saving accounts open there for various of purposes, with about 1,500 USD in it. On Oct. 2008, I found all the money were withdrawn under...

H1B VISA holder, Wife on F1 without SSN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on an H1B VISA in VA and got married in 2006. My wife is on a F1 student VISA in RI and does not have any earnings. I want to claim her as a dependent , but since she does not have a job, hence no SSN. What would be the procedure to follow in this case to claim her as a...

View more questions Search