Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockso69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Taxes withheld on bonus
    Hello sir or madam

How do I calculate taxes withheld on 2598.00
    My 401k deducted was 129.90 (and is 401k deducted on your bonus)

My exemptions are 3

I AM IN NEW YORK

Rgds
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Exactly like you do on regular payroll.

A bonus is just additional pay, it may be combined in with a payroll check or it may be issued as a second check.

But you use all the same tax charts ( depending onyour state in the US) as you do for your regular pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sign-on bonus taxes [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I started working in July 04 (was in college before then). I received a signon bonus from my company, before I started work. Hence, I was not taxed on it before starting. I was supposed to have been after I started working, but that never happened. So I know for this return I should be...

Sign-on bonus - taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I currently live and work in nyc and am considering taking a position with a company in New Jersey. They are offering me a sign-on bonus and I was curious what percentage I would need to pay in taxes and if that would be deducted up-front. Is a sign-on bonus treated the same as a "regular" bonus...

Question about taxes withheld [ 1 Answers ]

I claim 0, 0 and live in Kentucky. Can you please tell me the percentage of taxes taken out?

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

Non-resident: refund of taxes withheld on W2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here becaues I'm in need for help about my tax return for 2004 since I find myself in a strange situation. I'm an Italian living in Italy but I've been working during all of 2004 for a US company (telecommuting from Italy) that now issued me a W2 with all the wages that I earned...

View more questions Search