Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ppenmats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 11:52 AM
    How to Get a ITIN number?
    Hi,
    I am on a H1 b from 2005 oct and my husband lives in UK; He will be moving to US on feb 20 th 2007 and will be going to school of dentistry from April ; When and how can I apply for his ITIN number? How can we get back taxes for 2007 which we will be paying as his tution fees in Feb 2007?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 28, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Normally, he can apply for an ITIN only when you file your 2007 tax return, which will be after 1 Jan 2008.

The IRS will issue an ITIN if you need it for other reasons. Attending dentistry school probably meets the standard for an early issuance.

Download IRS Form W-7 with instructions and read them carefully. You can do the download from www.irs.gov.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No ITIN For Spouse [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Problems: 1) No ITIN For spouse. 2) Only 3 days remain to file taxes. 3) worked in 2 states(CA and NC) and I might owe about $10 in NC but will be receiving money in CA and Federal. 4) To claim standard deduction I need to wait until I get spouse's ITIN. One suggestion has been to...

ITIN Number for my wife [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, After marriage, my wife came with me in Feb.2006.We were in Pennsylvania till July and then we relocated to Washington for new assignment. Should I file for ITIN for my wife now or wait till I get my W4 form in Jan-Feb 2007 and apply for ITIN alongwith tax returns. What are the...

Details for ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

I need to apply for ITIN for my wife who is on H4 with me . I came to US in Aug 2006. Can I send just only W7 to IRS to get ITIN or do I have to go for any other things. Or do I need to send it when I file my returns?

What is needed to get ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US in Feb 2006 on H1 and working in Atlanta since then. 1 month back, my wife joined me on H4 visa. To get health insurance (family plan), they asked to ITIN(since she is not eligible to get SSN). But, W7, they ask to attach documentation providing reason for applying for...

Spouse on H4, no SSN/ITIN [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was in USA on a H1B visa for close to six years, I got married in May 2005 and my wife accompanied me to the US for four months. We returned to our native for good in September 2005. I did not file for a ITIN/SSN for my wife during her stay. Can I file a joint return claiming her as...

View more questions Search