Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rinori Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Are state tax fines & penalties deductible on 1120s
    Are state tax fines & penalties deductible on 1120s?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 02:18 AM

Yes.
    treenaught Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
    On 1120, tax penalties go on sch M-1; on 1120s, they are non-deductible, going on sch k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corporations: State Income Tax deductible for Federal Inc. Tax [ 8 Answers ]

I am preparing my 1120 Fed. Inc. Tax return and am a little confused about how State Income taxes accrued during the year play in the determination of the Federal Inc. Tax Payable. Logically, it should look something like this: Steps 1) First, create the P&L Statement following the IRS...

1120: State income tax deductible in federal tax return for corp. [ 2 Answers ]

In our C Corp. we use the Accrual method of accounting. Nevertheless, in our past Federal Inc. tax returns, my accountant (actually, ex-accountant) has been deducting the State Inc. Taxes PAID in the FY, instead of the accrued tax. I want to start deducting the accrued tax, starting this FY's...

US Federal & State Tax Filling - 2007 & 2008 [ 7 Answers ]

HI, Writing WRT my US Tax filling. I require to file my US tax returns for the current and the last year. (i.e. for year 2007 & 2008). I had been to US in 2007 for 44 days starting 09/02/2007 to 10/15/2007 and in 2008 for 42 days starting 11/09/2008 to 12/20/2008. My visa status is H1 B. Due to...

Are property tax penalties deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

I know that property taxes paid on my home are deductible when I itemize my return, but if I pay a penalty for making the payment late, can I deduct the penalty as well? Thank you.

401(k) & ESOP withdrawal penalties and tax [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I will be unemployed for the next 4 months so am having to cash out my 401k and ESOP to survive. I am leaving my current job August 3, and, if it matters, I will be leaving in order to student teach until December when I will get my degree. I will begin my next job in January,...

View more questions Search