Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstockeast Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 07:34 PM
    If you live in NYS and attend college in another state, are you consider a full time
    If you live in NYS and attend college in another state, are you consider a full time NYS resident when filling out the NYS tax forms?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 01:28 AM

Yes, on NYS tax return report your worldwide income including income earned in another state. Claim credit for taxes paid to the other state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father wants to emancipate full time college son aged 21 [ 6 Answers ]

My exhusband wants to emancipate our 21 year old son. He is a full time college student and still lives with me when not in school-- summers, brks, etc. I guess he wants to do this to quit paying child support. Can he do this?

Transferring probation to attend college [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is being released from the Clark County Detention Center in Nevada next Monday, the 5th of May. Before he was taken into custody, but while he was out on bail, he attended a semester of college at North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND, and wants to go back to finish school. If...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

Live in New Jersey but work Full Time In NYC [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved to NJ last August. I worked half a year as a NY resident and now half a year as a NJ resident. I just did my taxes and found that I owed NJ. Does anyone know how to figure out how much money to put aside for next year? I was under the impression that since NY has higher taxes I...

View more questions Search