Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micahnc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 09:11 AM
    What is the difference in take home between claiming 0 and claiming 3
    Single earner; Married; no children; gross take home 77K; currently claiming 0; have been advised I can claim up to 3 given mortgage insurance and medical out of pocket. Looking to increase spendable income without having to owe the government in 2010 for 2009 taxes
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 08:41 AM

Your employer's payroll clerk could probably calculate the exact figure for you. Get that figure, then, assuming your circumstances haven't changed substantially from last year, if your goal is to "break even" at tax time, go back and check your last year's return to see how much your refund was under your current withholding status. Divide that amount by the number of times you get paid a year. That's how much more you want in each paycheck. Have your bookkeeper help you crunch the numbers until you come as close as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming mother as a dependent after her home sale [ 6 Answers ]

My mother moved in with me from out of state in Sept 08 to finish recovering from a serous illness. Her only income was a monthly disability check. Her home went on the market and sold in July 09 for $135K, minus about $10K of the proceeds for repairs and clean-up. She has purchased a new home near...

Calculating the difference between claiming 4 instead of zero [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have always claimed zero in order to get a large refund at the end of the year; but, now with two babies and my husband's income being cut in half, we need more money to be able to pay monthly bills. So, I am considering claiming all four of us instead of zero on our W2. I have two...

Claiming expenses for home bought in India [ 2 Answers ]

I am working in NY and living in NJ since 2006. I bought a home in India in 2008 and it is registered on my father's name. Can I claim the expenses incurred on buying this home, property tax, registration cost on my US tax returns? Please clarify.

Claiming the interest from a home purchase [ 3 Answers ]

If two unmarried people buy a house together, both names are on all the paperwork, can they divide the interest paid and both claim half on their Federal Income Taxes? Thanks in advance B

View more questions Search