Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrjelynch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Independent Contractor Qualification
    Could a Massage Therapist or Electrologist satisfy the federal requirements to be compensated as an independent agent by a retail salon in Indiana?
    Christy Caley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
    If they don't have you on payroll, don't determine your hours, don't directly supervise you then you could be considered and independent contractor.

Here is information directly from the IRS regarding employee vs. independent contractor
    http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...=99921,00.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Both Independent Contractor and Employee? [ 6 Answers ]

I work as a marketing assistant for a real estate company, I get a base salary that the company pays, and on top of that I get a "commission bonus" from the specific agents I work for that is paid directly out of pocket by those agents. The commission bonus is based on what those agents themselves...

Independent Contractor Estimated Tax Payments [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this forum and is in need of some advice and information. The company I used to work for, has now hired me as a Independent Contractor. I've provided them with a W9 Form so they can pay be as a vendor. However, I'm not sure if I need to pay Estimated Taxes each quarter to...

Small Jobs Independent Contractor [ 2 Answers ]

In 2005, I worked primarily as an independent contractor, for several small companies and non-profits. Two of them were for over $600 and sent me 1099s, but three of them were under $600 jobs and didn't send me anything. Am I obligated to report these three? (I'm imagining the answer is yes, but I...

Cdn independent contractor works in you.S-tax exempt? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a Canadian and hold TN visa works in the U.S. MI since last Oct.2005 as an independent contractor. I live in windsor Ontario Canada and commute everyday across border to work at MI. My payor did not hold any tax from me, and he asked me to file a form 8233 because of the treaty...

New independent contractor [ 2 Answers ]

I just took 2nd job--as independent contractor. I don't want to end up having to pay at end of tax year (2006) so can someone tell me what I need to do to pay taxes throughout year out of each check I receive so I don't end up having to pay at the end of the year next year?? I'd rather do it on...

View more questions Search