Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mittyrose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Reporting Foreign Income
    I worked in Canada for 2 1/2 months and do not qualify for the exclusions. I do have the Canadian equivalent to a W-2 (T4) I think. How or where do I report this income?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 07:11 AM

With your other W2 income. If you paid taxes in Canada, then you will file Form 1116 -- Foreign Tax Credit. Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: U.S. Citizen or Resident with Foreign Income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher reporting income [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to find out about reporting your income as a preschool teacher. Where can I learn about that? What kind of taxes would you pay or tax breaks would you receive?

Worldwide Income - Proof of foreign income [ 7 Answers ]

I am a US citizen and my spouse came to the USA on a K-1 visa in early September, 2008. She has been living here ever since. For the 2008 tax year, we plan to file a joint tax return and make her a "Nonresident Alien Treated as a Resident" for tax purposes. To do that, we have to report her...

Reporting Foreign Unincorporated Business Income [ 6 Answers ]

I have been attempting to figure out the proper filing for a lawful US resident that has made a tax home in a foreign country (passing the bona fide residence test), and derives all income from a sole proprietorship business. The return itself is considerably past due so there is no expectation...

Foreign income reporting [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Indian National and I have been in US on F1 since Aug 2001. My F1 expired on June 2006 and I was on OPT till my H1 began in Oct 2006 (havent got H1 stamped as yet). I had filed 1040NR for the past five years but read that after 5 years, I should start filing as a resident. Is this...

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

View more questions Search