Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuhin Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 06:44 AM
    State tax forms
    Hi...

I am indian and for 2005 I was working as CPT/OPT. I was working in saint paul , Minnesota about 10 months & 10 days. Overall $3100 state tax was cut for Minnesota. Some other tax was cut for NJ that was $250 (Since my company is NJ). Whether I need to file any forms in NJ? What are the forms I need to file in Minnesota?

Thanks in advance

tuhin
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Tuhin:

You can get the state income tax forms from the website for the respective state goverments.

Go to Google or Yahoo and type in the state name in the SEARCH window. It will list the state government website in the top three answers.

Go to the website and look for a listing for the "Department of Taxation" or "Department of Revenue".

You'll find a listing for tax forms there. They may even let you file the return on-line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two w2 forms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I changed status from F1 to H1b (h1b started oct 2005) and I know now that I can file 1040NREZ and 8843. I received a W2 from my university for one pay check that I got in January 2005 and I have a w2 from my current employer as well for the paychecks during rest of 2005. How do I...

Forms [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a student with an F1 visa in Mass. And was wondering which forms I need to fill. I work as a teaching fellow in my university.

H1B - 2 W2 forms. [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my job in October 2005 and received W2 from both, my new as well as old employer. I have been in US for more than 2 years now and as per the definition of "Resident" based on "Presence Test" I qualify to be a resident of USA. My question is, filing my tax return will be as simple as going...

No W2 forms [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can file a state tax return without w2 forms I sent a 4506 form to IRS requesting copies. They sent my check back and said this info was unavailable due to 7 years had past and they no longer have these records. I lost all personal papers in a tornado. I can't remember all...

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

View more questions Search