Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaanne37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 12:05 PM
    How to report Interest Income (Form 1099) on free TurboTax
    Hello. I received a Statement for Recipients of Interest Income from the IRS. It is on Form 1099. It is not on a form 1099-INT, it just plain says Form 1099. There are boxes on the form, but they are not numbered. I am using TurboTax to file my taxes for free, but I cannot figure out just where exactly I should report this interest income. Can anyone please advise me? Thanks so much in advance.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Treat it as a Form 1099-INT. Report the interest paid as if it is in Box #1 of a Form 1099-INT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 statement for recipients of interest income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Meli, and I received a statement for recipients of interest income for calendar year 2007 and at the bottom of the statement it states along these lines: "the amount of interest paid or credited to you in the calendar year shown is on an overpayment of federal tax. The amount may...

Form 1040nr with TurboTax [ 1 Answers ]

Does TurboTax support filing with the 1040NR form?

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

How to report income with no W2 and no 1099? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife made some income this year (about 5K) and we are unsure on how to report it. The business owner has not and will not issue W2 or 1099 forms but has written checks to her name which she has cashed out at his bank. How do we report this on our federal taxes without triggering an audit...

How to report income on 1099-Misc? [ 1 Answers ]

I got both W2 & 1099-Misc (Box 7. Nonemployee Compensation) from my employer. When I entered 1099-Misc income in TurboTax, it produced a Form 4137 (social security & medicare tax on unreported tip income). The income reported on 1099-Misc is not unreported tip income, but performance based bonus...

View more questions Search