Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KRICH0524 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Withholding taxes on savings account interest
    Can I have my credit union withhold taxes on my savings dividends for me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2008, 06:36 PM
    I believe you can, ask them.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Yes, absolutely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest in foreign savings - how to report on 1040 Schedule B? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to enter the calculated dollar amount on the line "taxable interest" in the 1040 Schedule B? Would it be right just to put the name of the bank there and calculated dollar amount or is is a wrong form for this pupose? I couldn't find any other place I could possibly fill it in... ...

Interest withholding [ 4 Answers ]

A nonresident alien with interest bearing account had interest withheld in error. Please advise how to claim with IRS a refund for wrongful withheld interest.This is only us source of income and no prior tax return was required to be filed.

Converted F-1/OPT to H1-B and have interest earnings on savings acc [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I need help! I've been reading Publications and Form Instructions but am getting more confused by the day. Firstly, this is my current tax situation. Sept 1, 2004 to Aug 2, 2005: F-1 Student Aug 2, 2005 to Aug 2, 2006: F-1/OPT with a non-profit Aug 2, 2006 to present: ...

Savings Account [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there! I'm 23 years old. Both my girlfriend and I have good credit and decent income for our age. We want to purchase a home in the near future. What would be the best way to save for a down payment? Are there savings accounts that offer interest? What would be the best way to go?

Pay it Down -- if the interest on the debt is LOWER than the interest on Savings [ 3 Answers ]

I have student loans in the amount of $20000. Through consolidation and never missing a payment I have the interest loan at 2.50% (simple interest). Montly payment is approx $100. I am getting an APY no a Savings account at 4.75%. I have savings around $5K and growing. I need cash for other...

View more questions Search