Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fox0r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Engaged no income how to file?
    I live with my Fiancé, and I am a homemaker. I have no income of any kind, and my name is on nothing. How should we file?

Do I even need to file at all since I haven't worked in 2007?

Taxes are so confusing. :(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
    He can file single and list you as his dependent providing you are a US citizen and did not make any money (like you said). Once you two are married, you and he can file jointly and get a much better tax return.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Hold on there.

Let's not forget that Fox0r must have lived with fiancé for ALL of 2007 to be claimed as a dependent.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Yep. She has to have lived with him the entire year also. Also if you didn't live with him is there anyone else who can claim you as a dependent such as your parents if you lived with them? Be sure they are not going to claim you for 2007.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Yes, double check with your parents, because you do NOT have to live with them for them to claim you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to file Income Tax on S.S. Income? [ 5 Answers ]

Regarding filing Income Taxes (over age of 70), on Social Security Income? Is there an amount of Social Security Received for the year that dictates whether I have to file Income Taxes on "only Social Security" only income earned in 2007, or any other year?:rolleyes:

How to file taxes without an income? [ 1 Answers ]

I receive 115 from Disability Financial Assistance from Job and Family services. I also attend college full time how do I file taxes to get the hope and lifetime tax credit and the telephone tax credit. The 115 a month from Job and Family Services is not taxable income. Any idea of how I would...

How to file tax on paypal income. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a small website and I earned about 1000 USD. What form should I use to file tax for that income. All my income was earned using PAYPAL. Also, if I am on H1b can I legally run a website with ad-revenue? Please help. Thanks. Ankan

Foreign Income, No W2 -- How to file? [ 1 Answers ]

From 1/2006 to 9/2006 I was working for a foreign entity overseas and thus do not have a W2 for these earnings. I do not qualify for the foreign earned income and housing exclusion - deduction. 1. What line on the 1040 should this income be filed under and what kind of explanation, if any,...

How to file taxes with no income [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... hope someone can help me, I am a full time student.. I live off school grants and veteran disability benefit money. This is the first time I have not received any income for a whole year. And I don't know how to file my taxes without a w2. But I do know that it is nessesary to file my taxes...

View more questions Search