Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afronte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Presence of mind
    It is said "think twice before you speak" I don't know why despite being a good thinker I am not able to think and say the right things at the right time. Many times I happen to say wrong things and later realise I could have answered much better. Please guide so as to how can I solve this problem of mine. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:59 PM
    A friend of mine once told me "it's ok to make mistakes, just don't make too many." If you're bothered by saying the wrong thing too much it's a problem, for you anyway. Have you analyzed where and when the mistakes happen? Are there times when what you say is helpful?

Are you listening to all of the information before speaking? Are you asking for clarification about things you don't quite understand? Are you thinking about how the other person may react to what you might say? Are you thinking too much and not just "being?" Have you tried to get to know yourself better? Do you always tell the truth? Sometimes it's better to be diplomatic than to be correct. People crave kindness and applause for their doings. Are you giving that?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 05:34 AM
    I went through smiler situations in my past.

What did I do to stop this chaotic behavior?

I began to do those things listed above and take advice from friends(as well as adopting behaviors which I admired in peers and 'winners', in my life)

It didn't happen overnight,but did lessen in a short time, becoming less a negative(self-esteem was not effected as much with each questionable comment), and more like I was a part of a functional, productive member of the world.

How did this happen? I made a decision to do the right thing, not to do the same thing as I used to do, and make a fool of myself without thinking the idea through.

Who was I trying to impress with quick,witty remarks? ME? Everyone else? All I did was make a bad decision and a bad comment,regretting it later.

I can't tell your age by your post, but it would be a helpful thing to include if we are to pursue further discussion.

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve presence of mind [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I want to improve my presence of mind or quickwittedness.Most of the times I don't find the reply instantly of any general talk and I have to stood silent and after sometime I realize that could be one of the answers.Is my mind blunt?

How to increase presence of Mind [ 1 Answers ]

How to increase presence of Mind

Is my presence of mind is bad? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Problem with me is, I am not able deliver my valuable points when I am questioned by others or while in meeting or discussion and many occasions.But, I use to say myself "If i had told that or this point,It would have been really good".Is this because of my presence of mind is less?? Or...

Improve Presence of mind [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am very happy to find such a website... and hope to get some possitive responses... My problems: I can not express to others properly whatever I know very well. I also don't have that much presence of mind... Help me to improve these qualities... I'll be greatfull to...

5 years of presence in US with F-1 [ 3 Answers ]

I am a bit confused about the 5 year rule, here is my situation: 2000 - I had a F-1 visa and I was in US for 21 days. This is the only time I used that F-1 visa 2001 - I got another F-1 visa for a different university and I stayed in US for 120 days. 2002 - 250 days with the F-1 visa from 2001...

View more questions Search