Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrA2u1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Schedule C - 1099 Deductions
    I work full time for a company on a W2. I got hired to work on Saturday nights as a consultant on a 1099. The contract is for 5 months. I must travel out of state for this 2nd job. I do research out of my house to prepare for the consulting job throughout the week. Most of the time I will drive but sometimes I will fly. Is my mileage or airfare 100% deductable on Schedule C? I'm confused because I have read where the first and last trip of the day may not be deductable and I only make the 1 trip on Saturday morning and then back on Sunday day. How about meals? There is no entertainment, only personal meals.
    Thanks for your help.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Yes, BOTH the mileage and airfare is deductible (mileage rate is 44.5 cents per mile). The first/last day rule does not apply in your case.

Meals are only 50% deductible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-MISC and Schedule C [ 3 Answers ]

On their 2006 1099-MISC forms, my retired parents were paid in Box 7 (Non-employee compensation) as "independent contractors". This is the first time they have received these. In addition, they had worked whenever healthcare service agencies needed them, and consequently they have never "owned" or...

1099 misc - schedule SE [ 1 Answers ]

I received a 1099-MISC and will be filing a 1040 along with Schedule C-EZ and Schedule SE. I am not self-employed, nor do I have a business. On Schedule SE, do I still need to include a deduction for self-employment tax? Thanks for any help.

1099-MISC income requires schedule C-EZ [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was on F1 status through 2005. I worked till April as an independent contractor at my company and have an 1099-MISC for that period. Later, I was employed full time and have the corresponding W-2 form. I used an automated tax preparation software (Cintax) provided by my university to...

Schedule A Deductions and Schedule C - No AGI [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a sole proprietor (an electrician) and after finishing schedule c I basically had very little profit to report from the business. With no other Adj Gross Inc, I started to figure my itemized deductions, but with no Adj Gross Inc, how can I best use my itemized deductions? Thanks,

Do I need to file schedule c for my 1099-misc? [ 1 Answers ]

The amount on 1099-misc is 600$ and my expences for it on schedule C are 425.59. Do I only write 174$ on line 13 of 1040NR or am I better of doing deductions for this in my Itemised deductions-schedule A and writing full amount of 600 as business profit?

View more questions Search