Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thameemsha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Home Mortgage & Reasl Estate - Interest on Escrow
    While paying Home Mortgage and Real Estate taxes to Financial Institutions, we are getting interest from the institution (interest on Escrow). Can you tell me actual concepts or meaning of interest on escrow and taxability?

Thanks,

Syed Thameem
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Most mortgage lenders require that you pay them a monthly amount to cover taxes and insurance. These amounts are then deposited in an escrow account from which the lender then pays the taxes and insurance for you when due.

Some lenders will place the escrow amounts in an interest bearing account. The advantage of this is that it reduces (slightly) the amount you will have to contribute.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
    What the Heck? You gave a negative rating to another another answer of mine from last December. Why? Was it meant for this answer?

Also may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

There was nothing factually wrong or inaccurate about either answer. If there was something you didn't understand then ask a follow-up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage Interest [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone claim your mortgage interest on their tax?

Mortgage Interest Deduction on Sold Home [ 1 Answers ]

We sold our home in 2005 moved bought a new home. Can I deduct the mortgage interest on the sold up until the date we sold? Thanks

Escrow interest va [ 11 Answers ]

What is the formula for escrow interest in VA

View more questions Search