Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Aug 2, 2007, 08:41 AM
    May I have my tests explained to me?
    Hello again, it seems that whenever I check in on a monthly basis to my beloved probation office, that I always get some office clerk that cannot answer my questions. Would it be too much to ask to speak with a knowledgeable officer. And can they refuse my request to have my pee tests explained to me. I want to make darn sure that the levels of t.h.c. are decreasing. Thanks in advance, M.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Thc? Your PO is not a doctor. Ask that the results be forwarded to your physyician for interpretation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Your urinalysis is either positive or negative. If you are getting a positive it means you are smoking. It can take as many as 12 weeks to get a negative test after quitting.

Aug 2, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    thc? Your PO is not a doctor. Ask that the results be forwarded to your physyician for interpretation.
    I just mean proof that levels are decreasing
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 08:54 AM
    As I stated Michelle, you are either positive or negative. They don't check for levels routinely, too expensive.

Aug 2, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    As I stated Michelle, you are either positive or negative. They don't check for levels routinely, too expensive.
    That is bad for me, I don't think they will take my word for it, maybe I can talk them in to a level check?
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Of course they aren't going to take your word for it if you are testing positive. That means you are still smoking if you have gone beyond the 12 week period. Heck, I wouldn't take your word for it.

Addicts are manipulators plain and simple. Better to just quit than try to convince someone that you have quit when you really haven't.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellerenee
    Hello again, it seems that whenever I check in on a monthly basis to my beloved probation office, that I always get some office clerk that cannot answer my questions. Would it be too much to ask to speak with a knowledgeable officer. and can they refuse my request to have my pee tests explained to me. I want to make darn sure that the levels of t.h.c. are decreasing. Thanks in advance, M.
    Hello again, Michelle:

I don't think you understand the dynamics... Being a citizen, you would think the bureaucrats in the PO office work for you. That's a wonderful idea, but in the real world, that's not what's happening. These are cops. Yes, the secretaries are cops. Ok, they're not cops - they're want to be cops - same difference.

What I would do, is walk in there, pee in the cup, and keep my mouth shut. If you want explanations, hire a lawyer. These are not nice people. They can do real dirty things to you if they want. And, THEY WANT!

excon

Aug 2, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Of course they aren't going to take your word for it if you are testing positive. That means you are still smoking if you have gone beyond the 12 week period. Heck, I wouldn't take your word for it.

Addicts are manipulators plain and simple. Better to just quit than try to convince someone that you have quit when you really haven't.

I sure am addicted to it mentally, not physically though. I just need to get off my pedestal and get with the program! Especially since it was a self induced punishment! At least I am not a crack head or heroin addict!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

Drug tests [ 6 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in hair follicles

Mortgage explained [ 3 Answers ]

How does a mortgage work exactly? Adriaan

I need info in meta explained [ 3 Answers ]

<meta name="generator" content=Adobe GoLive 5"> Can someone explain what the information in the above meta code means? I need to build a website similar to the one where I copied this from and I wondered if this code would be relevant to what I need to do. When I typed it into...

Blood tests- please help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got tested at a dept of health facility in the DC area a few weeks ago.A week after I had sorethroat and mild cold.I went back and asked the nurse if there was a chance I might have been contaminated by someone else's needle. She said NO... but I am very concerned that she might have drawn...

View more questions Search