Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    cruncher's Avatar
    cruncher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
    need to return portion of refund where do I enter original refund on 1040x?
    I am having problem completing 2010 1040x I forgot to include a 1099 and will now have to pay part of my refund back (sample original refund $500 s/b $400), Do I put the original refund that I am to receive from IRS on 1040x line 14? I will pay IRS before due date the $100.00 to avoid late payment/interest, I am aware that I should not file 1040x until I do receive the refund check.
    ebaines's Avatar
    ebaines Posts: 12,132, Reputation: 1307

    Apr 12, 2011, 02:41 PM

    The origial refund should be shown on line 17 of the 1040X - "Overpayment as shown on original return.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax return extension if I am eligible t get refund [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am eligible to get federal and state tax refund. Last date to file the return of 2010 is April 18th, 2011. My paper work will not be ready before 25th of April 2011. Do I need to file a extension in my case? Some websites says " There is no penalty for failure to file a tax return if a...

Product Return & Refund Laws in NC [ 2 Answers ]

HI We sold customized prodcuts to a customer. The customer approved and agreed to our process via email-there is a return and refund policy clearly stated with each email confirmation customers receive. The customer contacted us within a week that she was not satisfied with her custom order and...

Tax Return and claiming refund [ 2 Answers ]

This is in regard to my filing tax return in US for year 2007 and claiming refund. I have come from India to US in Oct'07 under L1 visa for the first time. I work for USA company and get paid by them. The company have withheld tax (as per W2) for period Oct-Dec'07. As an.. fyi.. I...

View more questions Search