Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    silky1's Avatar
    silky1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 11, 2010, 04:50 AM
    Rent Rebate in PA Will I get mines this year after moving from my mother n laws house
    In the previous year I was denied because they said my renting the basement wasn't a separate dwelling and that she did not include the rent I pay on her taxes but now that I have moved do I now qualify. I am on disability.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,771, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    May 11, 2010, 11:23 AM
    Yes, if you are renting an apartment or separate house.
    kjohnsid's Avatar
    kjohnsid Posts: 26, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 18, 2012, 09:30 PM
    Maybe you should do your research from now on and be more responsible?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I rent a room in a house, and am moving soon. Landlord has changed the 'rules' [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having problems with my landlord since I moved into the house. He allows people over that disrespect me, has loud parties every weekend, eats all of MY food, but doesn't touch the other housemates things. I gave my 30 day notice to move, and am currently looking for housing. The newest...

First year choice for Stimulus Rebate [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Tax Experts, I was on F1 till 1-Oct -2008 then on H1B until 31 dec - 2008. Can you please help answer 2 questions regarding my tax filing - 1. Confirm that I can use first year choice in 2009 by taking extension using 4868(Note -I will be outside US for One month- may 2009) 2.I want...

Am I qualified for the $ 400.00 rebate teaxes this year [ 4 Answers ]

I heard that there will be a $ 400.00 tax rebate for individuals and $ 800.00 for couples. I applied my taxes as nonresident alien with a jiont application as married. I have one American daughter and another non American one. I came here as f1 vusa. I have a social security number and working as...

Tax and rebate when moved to US in later half of the year [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I moved to US from my home country in later half of the year 2008 under H-1B alone (with my family back in my home country). My questions are: 1. Since I was single in US (though I have wife and kids back home), I think I should file as a single. Am I correct? 2. Do I qualify for...

If I claim my mother as dependent can I get obtain the Recovery Rebate Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a question I'm claiming my mother as a dependent and I'm trying to see if I'm able to get the Recovery Rebate Credit this year. My husband and I have SS, but she has an ITIN. I know for a fact that somebody got the stimulus check last year same case but he did it with his father;...

View more questions Search