My company relocated me to the US in the end of 2016 but due to payroll cut off dates, all the relocation expense, benefit and tax assitance was reported in my 2017 wages. The box 1 of my W2 form currently shows my annual income + taxable relocation benefits/costs and the tax assitance reported under appropriate taxes boxes. My question is do I need create form 3903 so I can claim moving expense deduction and lower my overall taxable AGI and may be qualify me to claim child tax credits which otherwise I am not able claim due to high wages (box 1).

Thank you,