Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    KOH's Avatar
    KOH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 27, 2006, 08:55 PM
    A question about Travel
    Dear TaxExpert,

    My husband is a graduate student on F1 in North Carolina. He had a full time internship in California from June 2005 to December 2005.

    My question is:

    1) Can we file any form to deduct this travel expense, such as Form 2106?
    2) My husband and I are Chinese. I am his dependent, and have on income. Can we get any examptions for this?
    3) Should we file 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ?

    Thank you very much.
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Mar 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
    If he was F-1 the entire time, he should file Form 1040NR and claim moving expenses using Form 3903.

    I believe he can claim your as a dependent, but I am not sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel between us and france [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the law on a french citizen visiting the us (for 3 months) then returning to France. How long before he can return to the US? And what is the best option for him to be able to travel freely to both countries? Is it a visa and how does one go about obtaining one... ...

Travel to Canada [ 6 Answers ]

I plan to take the family to visit some friends in Canada this Easter and was wondering if there are any special documentation I'm going to need when: From US to Canada: - Leaving the US - Entering Canada From Canada to US on the way back: - Leaving Canada - Entering the US

Travel to Canada [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Canadian,living in the U.S. with a permanent residence card.Do I need a passport to go back into Canadato visit, And if so how do I get one.

View more questions Search